10 April 2020
Stravinsky, Corigliano Amanda Favier, Orchestre Philharmonique Royal de Liège
This recording brings together violinist Amanda Favier and the Liège Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, under the direction of Adrien Perruchon, in a 20th century music album associating Igor Stravinsky and John Corigliano.
The concerto The Red Violin, an eponymous score from François Girard's film and almost never published on record, was quickly perceived as an echo to that of Stravinsky. These two powerful works require incredible virtuosity on the part of both the soloist and the orchestra.
- 1 Stravinsky: Violin Concerto in D Major - I. Toccata 5:38
- 2 Stravinsky: Violin Concerto in D Major - II. Aria I 4:03
- 3 Stravinsky: Violin Concerto in D Major - III. Aria II 5:10
- 4 Stravinsky: Violin Concerto in D Major - IV. Capriccio 6:15
- 5 Corigliano: The Red Violin - I. Chaconne 16:12
- 6 Corigliano: The Red Violin - II. Pianissimo Scherzo 5:26
- 7 Corigliano: The Red Violin - III. Andante Flautando 6:34
- 8 Corigliano: The Red Violin - IV. Accelerando Finale 9:27
Aucun concert pour le moment.