After a first opus lauded by critics, the Trio Talweg returns to recording with an album entirely dedicated to Schubert.
A prolific composer and melodic genius who passed away too early, he left some of his major works to the piano trio repertoire.
The Trio in B flat major, D.898, with its impetuous character, and the Notturno D.897, a marvel of reverie, are gathered here alongside Lied Auf dem Strom, transcribed by Talweg.
- 1 Trio No.1 in B-flat major D.898 - I. Allegro moderato 15:37
- 2 Trio No.1 in B-flat major D.898 - II. Andante un poco mosso 11:27
- 3 Trio No.1 in B-flat major D.898 - III. Scherzo - Allegro 7:19
- 4 Trio No.1 in B-flat major D.898 - IV. Rondo - Allegro vivace 9:07
- 5 Notturno in E-flat major D.897 9:35
- 6 Auf dem Strom in E major D.943 9:21