1893: At the crossroads of two centuries, this second album from Quatuor Varèse offers a stunning panorama of the aesthetic diversity found in Europe at the dawn of the 20th century. Indeed, it is difficult to fathom that Dvořak’s American Quartet, Puccini’s sublime ‘Crisantemi’ and Debussy’s quartet were all composed the same year... but this is nonetheless the common point of the three works!
Following their critically-acclaimed first album, Quatuor Varèse makes its return with an original and eclectic programme - discover it as soon as you can!
- 1 Dvorak: Quatuor américain n°12 op.96 - I. Allegro ma non troppo 09:39
- 2 II. Lento 07:08
- 3 III. Molto vivace 04:00
- 4 IV. Finale : vivace ma non troppo 05:23
- 5 Puccini: Crisantemi 06:02
- 6 Debussy: Quatuor op.10 - I. Animé et très décidé 06:39
- 7 II. Assez vif et bien rythmé 03:58
- 8 III. Andantino, doucement expressif 08:11
- 9 IV. Très modéré - Très mouvementé 07:27
Aucun concert pour le moment.